Powered By Blogger

Thursday, May 21, 2009

photographs of photographs of drawings from a photograph from a photograph













Hello Kai-Yuan,
I wanted to provide you with an update. On Saturday, I made a small photograph - a crop of your head and shoulders from one of the pictures you sent to me last week. Then, I hired street artists to draw pictures of you from the photograph - one version as a cartoon, and another version as a portrait (I also had a version made of you and me combined, but it looks bad, and I don't want to use it!). Then, I photographed the drawings, and bought two gaudy (poor-taste) frames, which I will put the photographed-drawings into. I will use these framed photographed-drawings to create the artwork (this may take one or two weeks, because I am preparing for a temporary exhibit in Chicago, next week) I am including the original small photograph which I used as reference material.
I hope all is well with you.
Best regards,

Eric

No comments:

Post a Comment